Do you wish to travel to American and reside there with your family or you want to study or work in American then this write up on Apply For American Visa Lottery is for you. In this writeup, we shall be showing you how you can Apply For American Visa Lottery 2020 and the necessary requirements need.
Apply For American Visa Lottery
Before applying, please confirm whether or not you need to apply for a visa. If you do need to apply for a nonimmigrant visa, please follow the steps below.
If you are planning a brief visit to the U.S. for business or tourism, you might need to apply for a visitor or a transit visa. These are the steps you should take:
1. Find out if you need a visa.
Check to see if your country participates in the U.S. Visa Waiver Program (VWP). If you don’t see your country listed, you will need a nonimmigrant visa to visit the U.S.
2. Determine which visa you might need for your visit.
Most business and tourism travellers use B-1 and B-2 visitor visas.
- B-1 visa classification is for business travellers to consult with business associates, attend a conference, settle an estate, or negotiate a contract.
- B-2 visa classification is for tourists on vacation and people coming for medical treatment, a social event, or participation in amateur contests for no pay.
Transit visas are less common.
- Transit C visa classification is for foreign nationals travelling through the U.S. to another country and stopping briefly in the U.S. as part of their travel to the next foreign destination.
- Transit C-1, D, and C-1/D visas are for crewmembers of sea vessels or international airlines travelling to the U.S.
3. Apply for a visa.
The process of applying for a visa will vary depending on the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you apply. Follow the specific instructions for the country that you’re in.
In general, you will need:
- To complete online form DS-160, the nonimmigrant visa application form
- A photo
- A visa application fee
- To schedule an interview
International travellers planning to visit the U.S. for business or pleasure can get a visa waiver. To get a visa waiver, you must be a citizen of one of the 39 countries that participate in the U.S.’s Visa Waiver Program (VWP). If you plan to visit the U.S. under this program, you must get an approved travel authorization prior to your trip to the U.S.
How to Apply and Get Approval to Travel to the U.S.
- Check the list of 39 countries that participate in the VWP.
- You must have an e-Passport to use the VWP. This type of passport is also known as an electronic passport and has an embedded chip in it.
- Fill out the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) online application. ESTA determines the eligibility of a visitor to travel to the U.S. under the VWP.
- The processing fee is $4.00 and if you are approved, there is an additional $10.00 authorization charge. Learn how to pay for your ESTA fee.
- When you fill out your application, you will get an ESTA application number. Use this number to check the status of your application if it has been accepted to travel to the U.S.
Visitors travelling to the U.S. for tourism or business meetings or conferences under the VWP can stay for up to 90 days without a visa.
Hope this information was useful, don’t forget to use the comment box below and also share to friends and family around you.