Bvn Online Registration – How To Apply For Bank Verification Number In Nigeria
We have to to realize that apply for bank verification number can be so stressful in Nigeria, that is why most people are asking if the Bvn Online Registration is real in other to reduce stress for them.
Bvn Online Registration
BVN registration in Nigeria can be done in two ways which includes;
- Enroll for your Bank Verification Number in you bank.
- Link all your accounts to your BVN.
Please Note that the first part can not be done online, you have to go to your bank for the enrollment.
Benefits Of Bvn Online Registration
- BVN gives a unique identity that can be verified across the Nigerian Banking Industry (not peculiar to one Bank)
- Customers Bank Accounts are protected from unauthorized access
- It will address issues of identity theft, thus reduce exposure to fraud
- The BVN will enhance the Banking Industry chances of being able to fish out blacklisted customers
- Reduce queue in Banking Halls
- Standardized efficiency of Banking operations
- Customers unique BVN is accepted as a means of identification across ALL Nigerian Banks
Objectives Bvn Online Registration
The purpose of the project is to use biometric information as a means of first identifying and verifying all individuals that have account(s) in any Nigerian bank and consequently, as a means of authenticating customer’s identity at point of transactions.
- To provide a uniform industrially accepted unique identity for Bank Customers
- To authenticate transactions without the use of cards using only biometric features and PIN
- Identification of blacklisted customers
How To Apply For Bank Verification Number In Nigeria
- Walk into any branch of your Bank
- Fill and submit the BVN Enrolment form.
- Present yourself for data capturing (such as Fingerprint, facial Image etc)
- An acknowledgment slip with the transaction ID is issued to you
- Within 24hours the system confirms your application, your BVN is generated, and you receive an SMS for pickup.
In summary you cannot enroll for your Bank Verification Number online, but you can fill in the online per-registration form (this may hasten the process) and link your account to your BVN online. We hope this information has been of help to you.