Learning online has been the other of the day as far as modern education is a concern. It allows learners to learn at an individual’s pace, it is effective and even cheaper compared to the traditional method of learning.
There are various platforms that provide e-learning over the internet, and this has been an issue for users to know which one should be chosen. In this article, we shall be looking at the best platforms that you can use in learning one thing or the other, whether for learning’ sake or for certification, as well as in getting materials for your business and other projects. Let’s begin.
Electronic learning (E-learning) can be simply put as learning and training that takes place through digital resources. These electronic resources are can be either computers, PC, tablets, MacBooks or even smartphones connected to the internet. This usage of electronic learning has been said to have greatly reduced the felling of trees used in making hardcopy materials in traditional learning, thereby making the environment more friendly.
What’s E-learning Websites?
An E-learning is an integrated set of interactive online services that provide trainers, learners, and others involved in education with information, tools and resources to support and enhance educational delivery and management. There are various e-learning platforms that offer to enable a digital environment for users either for business (as in to sell content) or to acquire knowledge or skill. The service has been known for decades, years and recently became a necessity for all during and after the coronavirus pandemic.
What to Consider in Choosing the Best E-learning Sites
Selecting the e-learning sites you want to make use of can be a bit task due to the countless numbers of the platform. It is necessary for you to know what to consider in choosing the best one that fits your demand. These factors are:
Learning Time: Learning online can come with a lot of distractions, ensure that this service doesn’t have a chunk content outline and its delivery aren’t clumsy nor cumbersome to follow.
Security: The platform you will be choosing for your online courses or learning should be from a secured source in the sense that you are free from fear that the information provided on the site will not be given to any third party and should be free from hacking and other similar threats.
Practical Content: It is pertinent to look if the course content is practical oriented and not just fill with theoretical works. To put it simply, modern knowledge must meet real words demands, so if the platform’s contents lack this feature, it is not advisable to pick it for learning.
Just theoretical. Practical and non-academic knowledge is beneficial in developing the right skills. When you start working in the real world, having practical knowledge is more important.
Budget-Friendly: E-learning sites are mostly not capital intensive, but come with some price. However, some of these platforms offer free courses for specific materials or duration, after which you will be required to pay. The cost might be pricey, this is why you should compare other site rates before settling to use this platform.
Top Best Free to Use E-learning Websites
Like said earlier, there are lots of e-learning platforms. Here are the best ones available that at the same time offers free courses:
1. Coursera: This digital platform is one of the leading providers of online courses. It is in partnership with universities and organizations around the world to bring a wide variety of topics and perspectives to one searchable database. It is good for those individuals who enjoy classroom structured style of learning. When you want to take a course on the site, you will be given a certificate after completion, which can help boost your CV.
2. edX: This also one of the top platforms that offer free online learning. The actual focus of this site is courses that related to analysis and calculations likes maths, sciences, engineering etc. If you are serious about learning to excel from the beginning, the site is for you. Materials on the sites are sourced from different institutions and are quite impressive and informative.
3. Khan Academy: This online learning site has an impressively easy to use interface, and most information on the sites are wordie. Its materials are mostly from post-secondary schools with which it is partnering. It doesn’t bore users with lengthy lectures, and you will find that courses are usually a build-up of the one previously taken.
4. Udemy: Udemy is an online learning platform that has free as well as paid content. One thing you will love about taken courses on this site is that the content delivery is by leading experts all over the world. In addition, it allows users to build custom courses from lessons.
6. Canvas: This online learning management system provides an alternative platform for educators to post assignments, grades and other information online, for local universities and community colleges. The mode employed in providing learning depends the complexity of the material and the educator. Its interface, like other sites is easy to use and navigate. It is a place for current educators and next generation to groom themselves.
7. FutureLearn: FutureLearn gives the room of learning online from schools and organizations worldwide. Some of the schools and organizations they are in partnership with include: King’s College London, Monash University, University of Wollongong, Amnesty International, UNESCO, British Library etc. It is a site to reckon with for its personal development video lessons to employment-related course contents.
8. Code. Org: This site is good for young individuals who wish to learn computer science and coding. Its service is easy to use and navigate and full of free courses. Aside from that, there are lots of materials or resources for teachers, scholars and educators looking forward to teaching fundamentals of computer science as well as coding.
9. Wide Open School: The Wide Open School gives a free collection of online learning resources and experiences for students as well as teachers. The most impressive thing about this platform is its rich search engines, which is easy to use. When you are looking to brush up on a particular topic, for any grade, just check this site out, and you can doubt our verdict.
Learning has gone beyond traditional classroom settings. There are virtually all materials for teaching and learning online, whether you are an educator or student. You can as well take courses online without ever stepping into any classroom. All these are possible using most of the online learning management systems available throughout the world. We have listed the best ones which can save you from the problem associated with selecting the right e-learning platform.