After securing admission into any universities in France, you will need to provide a Students Visa at the entry point to allow staying and study. If you are looking for how to Apply for France Students Visa, this article will guide you through and in addition, provide you with all other information needed in regard to the visa. Let’s get down to it. Below are the necessary requirements needed for the application
France Student Visa Sponsorship
What’s France Student Visa
France Student Visa Sponsorship is a type of visa issued to students who have secured admission into the country. The visa allows the student to reside in France for up to six months or longer basically for the educational programme. A student with a visa does not need any additional authorizations to live in France and study, for the visa validity period.
Types of France Student Visa
There are various types of student visas which largely based on duration. They include:
1. Schengen’ Short-stay Student Visa (de court séjour pour études): This is a study visa for studies which are shorter than three months. It is mainly for short-term study programmes or language courses. Application of this visa is free and there is no need for a residential permit after getting this visa. It should also be noted that this visa cannot be renewed.
2. Visa to sit entrance exams (de court séjour étudiant concurs): This study visa type is mainly for individuals who want to sit for one or more entrance exams in France. Been successful in the exam qualifies the candidate to renew the visa and obtain a year resident permit.
3. Temporary long-stay Visa (de long séjour temporaries pour études): The Study visa is a temporary student visa that allows international students to study in France for a period of up to six months. This study visa doesn’t require a student to apply for a resident visa.
4. Long-stay Visa (visa de long séjour pour études): This visa is also called the extended-stay VLT-TS. It is for a study that is beyond six months. One didn’t need to apply for a residence permit after obtaining the visa and it usually lasts for the Study period. Algerian nationals do not require the VLS-TS but are subject to different provisions. More details about this can be confirmed in the French consulate worldwide.
Countries that do not Require Students Visa to Study in France
There are some countries that are waived from applying for students visa before permitted to study in France. They are mostly countries with bilateral relationships with France or members of the European Union and the likes. The citizens of the countries that do not need to obtain a student visa to study in France include European Union (EU) country, the European Economic Area (EEA), Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein or Switzerland
The conditions below must be met before you can apply for France Student Visa
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old
- Applicant must have chosen a course to study
- Applicant must have been offered admission into any accredited universities in France
- Applicant must have proof of accommodation in France
Documents Required for France Student Visa Application Procedure
Below are the documents required to process the student visa:
- Visa application form
- Two sized passport photograph
- Valid passport and copies of your previous visa (if any)
- Acceptance letter from the university
- Proof of financial means (around 615 EUR per month) to cover all your expenses during your study period
- Airline ticket/reservation showing date of departure
- Medical insurance
- Proof of accommodation in France
- Documents stating the accommodation arrangement during your studies
- French language proficiency certificate (if applicable)
- Proof of payment of the visa fee
France Student Visa Application Steps
After ensuring that all the application documents have been completed. You can now begin the application process proper. The steps to follow are thus:
Step 1: Log on to the Campus France (Etudes en France) website:
Step 2. Select Campus France of your country ( e.g United Kingdom)
Step 3: Create your account using an Email address and generate password
Step 4: Having done that, proceed and provide your information which include names, date of birth, education background, work experience, volunteering activities and the likes.
Step 5: Your file will be validated by the site. You will be granted to make payments known as Campus France fee.
Step 6: When the payment has been confirmed, you can now book an appointment for visa preliminary interview.
Step 7: Visit French consulate at your location to attend the interview and submit the application.
Step 8: You will be notified in due course if your application has been granted.
Note: You are advised to do this application process at least three months before the commencement of the course you will be going for in France.
Conclusion: France Students Visa application procedure might be too hectic, but it is important as it gives one the ticket to reside in the country for study purpose. The various types are based on the duration, you need to look at the duration of your course before opting for anyone. Currently, there are some restrictions in travelling to France like other European countries due to Coronavirus. You actually need to check this out to know the category that you belong to. Lastly, the student visa mostly serves as the resident permit for international students to live and study in the country.