How to Apply for a U.S. Non Immigrant Visa – Apply Here
Are you intending to travel out to U.S with your family or to study over there, here is an opportunity for you to do that. below is How to Apply for a U.S. Non Immigrant Visa.
How to Apply for a U.S. Non Immigrant Visa
For Non-immigrant Visa applicants, follow the procedures below to that
Determine your visa type by reading Common Nonimmigrant Visas. Each visa type explains the qualifications and application items. Choose the visa type that applies to your situation.
Be sure to also review the Visa Waiver Program. If your country participates in the Visa Waiver Program, you do not need to apply for a visa if you are traveling for business or pleasure and will only be staying in the United States for 90 days or less.
Once you have determined the correct visa type, you must pay the visa fee. The visa fee page lists the visa types and correlating visa fee in US dollars and native currency.
To pay your visa fee, read the Bank and Payment Options page. This page explains how to make your visa fee payment. You must keep your receipt number to book your visa appointment.
The next step is to complete the DS-160 form. Be sure to read the Guidelines for Completing the DS-160 Form carefully. All information must be correct and accurate. Once the form is submitted, you cannot make any changes. If you need assistance, please consult an immigration lawyer or translator. The call center cannot help you complete your DS-160. You will need your DS-160 number to book your appointment.
PLEASE NOTE: You are to fill out your DS-160 form correctly before scheduling an appointment. You will only be allowed to attend your interview with the passport bearing the number entered in your DS-160 confirmation form, if your name exactly matches the name in your passport, and with a DS160 confirmation printout that matches the DS160 application (CEAC) receipt number you used when scheduling the appointment.
You are almost ready to schedule your visa appointment!
- Now you will need to create a profile in our system.
- Follow this link and click on New User.
- Complete all fields and create a password.
- Once you are in the system, you will see your dashboard.
- On the left-hand side, click on Schedule Appointment.
This will start the process for scheduling your appointment. For each applicant being scheduled you will need:
- The applicant’s passport number
- The receipt number from GT Bank receipt. (Click here if you need help finding this number.)
- The ten (10) digit barcode number from the applicant’s DS-160 confirmation page
- As you go through the process you will be able to select your visa type, enter personal data, add dependents, select
- your document delivery location, confirm visa payment and finally, schedule your appointment.
Visit the U.S. Embassy on the date and time of your visa interview. Be sure to check the Schedule My Appointment page for the necessary documentation needed for your appointment.
If your visa is approved, the visa will be sent to the document drop-off location you selected when you scheduled your appointment.
Please Note the following;
- All Interview Waiver Program (IWP) application submittals must be received at a DHL Document Drop-Off Location at least ten calendar days prior to the one year anniversary of the previous visa’s expiration date.
- Effective immediately, visa applicants who do not upload their photos when submitting their DS-160 visa application will be turned away and advised to complete their application by uploading a proper photo. This will usually require the rescheduling of their appointment. The process for uploading photos is easy and is thoroughly explained in our on-line application. Avoid disappointment and delay—upload your photo as part of your visa application.
- Applicants are to ensure that the DS-160 confirmation number on their DS-160 confirmation page matches with the DS-160 number on their appointment confirmation letters. Any changes to applicants profiles must be made at least 3 working days prior to their scheduled appointment day. It is important that the most recent DS-160 confirmation code matches the DS-160 code on the appointment letter on the day of your appointment. Applicants will be turned back at the Consulate/Embassy if their DS-160 numbers do not match.