There are so many businesses that so many Nigeria has set up by different individuals, company and associations. And so many of these businesses are not been registered. Below is How To register New business in Nigeria.
How To register New business in Nigeria
- Choose your business name
Before you go for the registration of your business, first you need to sit down and think the name that will be suitable for your business.
- Visit Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
This is the body dealing with the registration of new businesses in Nigeria. You will have to visit the CAC to check the availability of your business name. Here, you will be presented with business name form (known as Form 008). You will need to fill in this form as accurately as possible before submitting. In addition, you will have to pay some little fee for the form.
- Pay filing fee to CAC
After paying the business registration fee, you will be presented with affidavit/attestation form and proceed to the any magistrate court in your vicinity or location for endorsement by the court magistrate. During this process, you will be required to pay N250 only as fees to the court’s involvements.
- Prepare the signed scan copy of your pre-registration documents for upload as follows:
> Form CAC1.1
> Memorandum and Article of Association (MEMART)
> Proficiency certificate (where applicable)
> Recognized form of identification for Director(s)/Subscriber(s) and Secretary
> Stamp duty certificate
> Evidence of payment to CAC
- Upload the scanned documents for processing. (click here)
- Submit the original copies of the documents uploaded at step 6 (Form CAC1.1, MEMART, etc) to the CAC office you had selected in exchange for your certificate and the Certified True copies of the documents.
Please Note: Directors of company can register limited liability company (llc) without the services of a Legal Practitioner, Chartered Accountant and Chartered Secretary but must show evidence of membership of that company.