Many nursing Schools in Nigeria provide nursing students with degrees and certifications ranging from Registered Nurse, Registered Midwife, Bachelor of Nursing Sciences to post-doctorate degrees as well. Below is the Requirements For Studying Nursing In Nigeria.
Requirements For Studying Nursing In Nigeria
1. GENERAL NURSING PROGRAMME:
Candidates for admission into the General Nursing Education Programme of the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria must posses the Senior Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent with five credits to include English Language and either Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Health Science at not more than 2 sittings.
- Institutions of learning: Sixty-Eight (68) Schools of Nursing in Nigeria.
- Duration of Training: Three Calendar Years.
- Registration Obtainable: Registered Nurse (RN) .
- Admission Age: You must be 17years old before you apply
2. POST BASIC MIDWIFERY PROGRAMME
Admission Requirements: The Candidate must be a Registered Nurse and must also meet all institutional Requirements. are:
- Institutions of Learning: Sixty-Five (65) Schools of Post Basic Midwifery in Nigeria.
- Duration of Training: One and half Calendar Year.
- Registration Obtainable: Registered Midwife (RM)
3. POST BASIC PSYCHIATRIC NURSING PROGRAMME
Admission Requirements: The
Candidate must be a Registered Nurse and must also meet all institutional Requirements:
- Institutions of Learning: Eight (8) School of Post Basic Psychiatric Nursing in Nigeria.
Duration of Training: One and half Calendar Year.
- Registration Obtainable: Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN) .
4. BACHELOR OF NURSING SCIENCE DEGREE PROGRAMME (B.N.Sc.)
Admission Requirements: Five Credits level passes in WASC/SSCE or its equivalent at not more than two sittings. Subject must include English Language, Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Mathematics. Candidate must also meet all institutional requirements.
Duration of Training: Five Years plus one year internship in a recognized Health Care institution(yet to take off)
Academic Qualification Obtainable: Bachelor of Nursing Science Degree. Registration Obtainable: Registered Nurse (RN), Registered Midwife (RM), Registered Public Health Nurse (RPHN).
5. HIGHER DEGREES IN NURSING
Admission Requirements As obtainable in the different Universities offering higher degrees in Nursing.
Academic Qualification Obtainable: Master of Philosophy, Doctor of Philosophy.
You can use the comment box below for further inquiring.