U.S. Department of State Student Internship Program
This is to notify all who would love to apply for the U.S. Department of State Student Internship Program that they can now apply for it. In this write up, we shall be showing you all you need to apply for this program.
U.S. Department of State Student Internship
The U.S. Department of State Student Internship is an unpaid experience offering U.S. citizen students a chance to participate in the formulation and implementation of U.S. foreign policy.
Requirements Needed For Application
To qualify you must:
- Be a United States citizen.
- Be at least 16 years old.
- Be in good academic standing with at least a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Be pursuing a baccalaureate or graduate degree.
- Be a college junior, senior, or graduate student with at least 60 credit hours—You are considered a college junior if you will be starting your junior year immediately following the completion of your internship.
- Be enrolled in an accredited college or university on at least a part-time basis.
- Be a continuing student—This means that you will be returning to or have the intention at the time of application of returning to your course of study the semester/quarter, immediately following the completion of your internship. Proof may be requested.
- Be able to receive and maintain a security clearance or public trust certificate.
Applicants should be pursuing a baccalaureate or graduate degree, on at least a part-time basis, with at least a 3.0 GPA or higher. College juniors, seniors, or graduate students with at least 60 credit hours are encouraged to apply for this opportunity.
- Applicants are considered a college junior if they will be starting the junior year of college immediately following the completion of the internship.
- Applicants must also be a continuing student with the expectation and intention of returning to their course of study the semester/quarter, immediately following the completion of the internship. Proof may be requested.
Application Deadline (including all supporting documents): February 28th
Selectees notified of selection by Student Programs Office via e-mail: April 29th
Non-selects notified by e-mail by Student Programs Office: April 30th
Selectees complete and submit security clearance paperwork, and submit official transcripts: May 13th
Interns Enter on Duty: September to December (final date for students to enter on duty is November 18th2019 for domestic interns and November 25 2019 for overseas interns with a requirement to receive a security clearance by November 11 2019.
Internship Ends: Late December
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted electronically through the “Gateway to State” system. To begin the application process, please click on the “Apply Online” button to the right.
Use the comment box below to ask your questions and also share to your friends.