Facebook Gaming (Facebook Gaming Hub) is a game streaming platform, similar to Twitch and YouTube Gaming, Facebook Gaming helps users create and follow gaming content under the main Facebook website and app. In this write-up, I shall be showing how you can create a Facebook Game creator page.
Facebook Gaming Hub
In 2018 Facebook launched a dedicated game streaming hub and moved into the video game streaming world competing with the likes of YouTube Gaming and Amazon’s Twitch.
In 2019, the company made Facebook Gaming accessible via an easy access tab within the main Facebook app on your phone.
Then the company launched a dedicated mobile app to make Facebook Gaming even more accessible. But what is Facebook Gaming? How does it work and should you care? We’re covering what you need to know to help you find out.
Features of Facebook Gaming Hub
Facebook Gaming has a lot of amazing features, we have compiled them below for you and these are;
Gaming Video Hub
This gaming video hub also allows you to stream your games on Facebook through the Facebook Live tool. This compiles all the live and pre-recorded gaming videos from the platform and puts them in an easy-to-find place and it will make it easy for you to find your favourite games.
Another great feature of the gaming hub is that you have the ability to create your own tournaments and challenge other players. You can also schedule tournaments in advance and compete with other players from all over the world choosing specific dates and times. If you choose to, you can also join other tournaments.
The platform also offers a search option where you can search for interactive favourites like Uno and Words with Friends. The amazing online gaming platform allows users to play Facebook games with friends from the platform from anywhere in the world.
This is one of the outstanding features of Facebook Gaming is that it delivers the option to see ongoing esports events. All you have to do is scroll down in the left sidebar and head to the “Live Esports” category.
How to create a Facebook Gaming Hub creator page
Once you are ready to go with your Facebook Gaming account, you are already on the fast track towards becoming the ultimate gaming influencer.
- Login to Facebook gaming with your personal Facebook account.
- Click on create
- From the options that show up next, click on “page“.
- Give your page a suitable title.
- Select the category “Gaming Video Creator“.
- You can then add an avatar, a cover image, and lastly, publish your page.
How to stream your gaming on Facebook Gaming Hub
Facebook has a dedicated page to help you sign-up and join the Facebook Gaming Creators Community. This talks you through the process of getting started which includes:
- Signing up to join the Facebook Gaming Creators Community (to get early access to new features)
- Creating a gaming video creator page (or editing it to include “Gaming Video Creator” as a category under page info)
- Setting up the software using either Streamlabs OBS , OBS Studio Classic or Split
- Creating a scene in that software and getting all the settings right
- Visiting the creator dashboard to access your stream key and prepare the stream
- Going live!