Have you been trying to get a work permit and visa sponsorship in Cambodia, then you do not need to worry anymore because this writ up will be a guide on How to Get a Work Permit in Cambodia. Below is how you can get Cambodia Work Permit And Visa Sponsorship.
Cambodia Work Permit And Visa Sponsorship
Cambodia is known for having strict laws on proper visas and work permits on paper but leniency in practice. Still, as an employer, you need to ensure all employees obtain the proper Cambodia work permits. You must also have a local license and be an incorporated entity within the country before you can sponsor foreign employees.
Types of Work Visas in Cambodia
All foreign nationals coming to Cambodia for work must obtain an E-class visa, previously known as a business or ordinary visa, valid for 30 days. They must also obtain a work permit and employment card through the Ministry of Labour and Vocational Training (MLVT). Cambodia introduced new E-class visa extension categories in 2016, which include:
- EB visa: This visa applies to anyone working in the country, starting a business, freelancing, and staying in Cambodia for more than a month.
- EP visa: These visas are issued to foreign nationals coming to Cambodia to look for a job, start a business, or remain in the country after their initial 30-day stay under the E-class visa expires.
- EG visa: This visa applies to those searching for employment. It can last one, three, or six months.
Also Read: Malaysian Government Scholarship Program For International Students
- ER visa: An ER visa is for those looking to retire in Cambodia. They must show documentation of retirement in their home country and prove they can financially support themselves.
- ES visa: This is a visa issued to students going to a school or university in Cambodia. Holders can extend it indefinitely as long as they can provide a letter from a registered Cambodian school and show they can financially support themselves.
- ET visa: This is the technician visa extension, meant for those who work in specific trades or industries.
Requirements to Obtain a Work Visa and Permit in Cambodia
- Certificate of incorporation with company stamp
- Registered business address
- Tax patent with company stamp
- List of all foreign and local employees to ensure the ratio is not below 9:1
- Your company’s articles of incorporation
Employees are required to provide their own information, including:
- Their name, gender, date of birth, and height
- Copies of their ID cards and passports
- Copy of their E visa
- Their current address
- Full names of their mother and father
- Health certificate
- Information about their role with the company
- The year they received their first E visa
Application for Cambodia Work Permit And Visa Sponsorship and employment card
For you to apply for a work permit and employment card, It is made by the employing company, on behalf of its foreign employees, to the MOI. However, companies – foreign-owned or domestic – are restricted in the number of foreigners they can employ under the quota system.
Employees can apply for their Cambodia working visas in advance at the nearest Cambodian Embassy by submitting the documentation above. They’re also available at the Phnom Penh airport upon arrival.
Unique Factors for Cambodia Work Permit And Visa Sponsorship
Work permits in Cambodia are confusing and poorly regulated. The 1997 Labour Law requires every foreign employee to have a work permit, but numerous experts live and work in Cambodia without one. However, your employees should still apply for one to eliminate the chance of getting a large fine.
Hope this information on Cambodia Work Permit And Visa Sponsorship was useful, do use the comment box below.