In this write up, we shall be giving you a complete guide on how you can apply for a Canada Visit Visa. Before starting the Canada visitor visa application process, it is important to understand whether you need one or not before entering Canada.
Canada Visit Visa
Canada visit Visa is an official document issued by a Canadian Visa Office which is attached to your passport. This is a proof that you have met the requirements to enter the country as a temporary resident (either as a visitor, a student, or a worker). It is officially referred to as a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV).
There are two types of visitor visas for Canada which are:
- Single entry visa: Single entry visas are granted for a period of up to 6 months
- Multiple-entry visa: Multiple-entry visitor visas are granted for up to 10 years or one month prior to the expiry date on the passport or re-entry visa (whichever date comes first).
Eligibility requirements for a Canada Visit Visa
Here are some eligibility for you to get the Canada visit visa;
- A valid passport
- Proof that you intend on returning to your home country (stating you have ties such as a job, home, financial assets or family).
- Proof of funds to sustain you during your stay.
- Proof of good health.
- No criminal history or immigration-related convictions.
- Intended duration of your stay and temporary residence.
Documentation for a Canada Visit Visa
Documentation is an important step in applying for a Canadian visit Visa. Here are the documents required for Canada visit visa are:
- A valid passport with an expiry date exceeding 6 months
- Documents to prove your ties to your nation country
- A sworn affidavit or an invitation letter from your relatives, if you plan to live with them
- Medical clearance certificate
- Photocopy of your return ticket and/or travel itinerary
- 2 recent passport size photographs with a white background having no borders
- The photograph must not be more than 90 days old
- Any additional documents required by the local visa office
- Bank statements to prove you have enough funds to live in Canada for a while.
Consult with a lawyer who can evaluate your unique circumstances and application materials to zero any chances for visa denial.
Cost to apply online For Canada Visit Visa
It costs CAD100 (about 5,200 INR) to apply for a visitor visa and the biometrics fee is CAN$85 (about 4,400 INR).
To extend your stay as a visitor, you need to pay a fee of C$100 or Rs 5532.73 per person. To restore your status as a visitor, you need to pay a visa fee of C$200 or Rs 11065.45.
Application process for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa – TRV):
- Choose whether to apply online or offline.
- Fill out a visa application form with requested information and documents.
- Pay the visa processing fee via certified cheque or bank draft.
- Visit the nearest Canadian visa application center with your passport, photographs, and other documents.
Also Read: Caregiver job in the UK with Visa Sponsorship – Apply Form
- You need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics)
- Submit your visa application form at the Canada visa application center.
- Get the receipt from the application center containing the unique tracking number.
- Track your application online using this number.
The processing time for a Canada tourist visa is 15 days, if your documentation is done properly. A business visa takes 1 to 6 weeks of processing time. A temporary resident visa application takes 16-20 days to be processed.
Things to Note:
- If you are applying online for a Canada travel, you should have a credit card and a scanner for the documents.
- Children under 18 must travel with the right documents and meet the same entry requirements as adults. The border services officer may ask minor children to show other documents depending on whether the child is travelling alone or with someone. Find out about the specific requirements for minor children.
- After applying for your visa, you may be asked to:
- Go to an interview with our officials in your country
- To send more information
- Get a medical exam
- Get a police certificate
Once you have meet all the conditions above, then you are good to go.