Have you heard of the FBI? If no then you have to read below the write up on How To Apply For US FBI job. We shall be giving you guidelines and the necessary requirements you need to apply for the US FBI.
How To Apply For US FBI
The FBI encourages all qualified individuals to apply for one of the many rewarding positions within the organization. The reason for the FBI is to protect the American people and uphold the Constitution of the United States.
How To Apply For US FBI – Application Requirements
US FBI Application Requirements
In order to be eligible for employment with the FBI;
- Applicants must violate none of the automatic employment disqualifiers.
- Applicants must adhere to the FBI’s pre-employment drug policy.
- Applicant must ensure to meet the above standards before submitting an application. All of these disqualifiers are extensively researched during the FBI Background Investigation Process.
- Males over age 18 are required to register with the Selective Service for all FBI positions; however, exceptions apply. If you meet one of the exceptions in this chart, please select Yes or N/A in the answer to this question on the application.
Below are specific elements that will automatically disqualify job candidates for employment with the FBI. These include:
- Non-U.S. citizenship
- Conviction of a felony (Special Agent candidates only: conviction of a domestic violence misdemeanour or more serious offence)
- Violation of the FBI Employment Drug Policy
- Default on a student loan insured by the U.S. Government
- Failure of an FBI-administered urinalysis drug test
- Failure to register with the Selective Service System (for males only, exceptions apply – please click here to find out more)
- Knowingly or willfully engaged in acts or activities designed to overthrow the U.S. government by force
- Failure to pay court-ordered child support
- Failure to file federal, state, or local income tax returns
Please note that if you are disqualified by any of the above tests, you are not eligible for employment with the FBI. Please make sure you can meet FBI employment requirements and pass all disqualifiers before you apply for an FBI position.
How To Submit An Application
Use the sections below to learn more about how to submit and withdraw an application, and ensure that you meet all requirements for employment with the FBI.
Collegiate Hires and Interns should see application process steps on those respective pages.
The following instructions outline the FBI’s submission process. You must complete all sections of an application and submit any required documents by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on the closing date of the job posting/vacancy announcement.
- Register for an account
- Search for a job posting
- Read the Terms and Agreements. If you agree, select “I Agree” to these terms checkbox.
- Select the Next Button to begin your submission.
Note: The number of sections in your submission will vary based on the job posting selected.
- Complete all sections of your submission to include all questions in the Pre-application Questionnaire section.
Note: Special Agent applicants must complete the Self-PFT and input their results in the application.
- Based on the job posting, add required and optional documents as attachments.
- Review your completed submission and select the Submit button when ready to submit.
Note: No changes can be made to submissions. If you wish to make changes, you will be required to withdraw and reapply.
Please Note: Mozilla Firefox is the recommended web browser for optimal user experience.
How To Withdraw An Application
After submitting an application or interest to a Talent Network, applicants may want to withdraw their submission.
Follow the steps below to properly withdraw Your submission.
- From the Careers homepage, select the My Submissions page to view your submissions.
- Find the submission that you would like to withdraw from the My Submissions section.
- Select the Withdraw button.
- A confirmation message will appear. Select the Ok button to continue.
- Select a reason from the Withdraw Reason dropdown that is most applicable.
- Select the Done button to withdraw your submission.
Note: When you return to the My Submissions page the withdrawn job application will no longer display.
Important Note: All submissions are final and cannot be edited. To make changes to a submission you must withdraw your application and reapply
Please use the comment box below to ask any questions you might want us to answer.